The Professional Practice Division provides evidence-based resources to support nurse anesthesia practice
- Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on agency’s approval of Dsuvia and the FDA’s future consideration of new opioids, November 2, 2018
- Arkon Anesthesia Delivery System recalled due to unexpected failed state while in use or idle, August 10, 2018
- Rising numbers of deaths involving Fentanyl and Fentanyl analogs, including Carfentanil, and increased usage and mixing with non-opioids, July 11, 2018
The Professional Practice Manual for the CRNA contains AANA anesthesia standards, scope of practice, practice and policy considerations, and position statements relevant to nurse anesthesia practice.
- Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Code of Ethics for the CRNA