Acute Surgical Pain Management Fellowship
MTSA & AANA. Partnering to Make A Difference in Acute Pain Management
Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia, in partnership with American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), now provides certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA) with a convenient and innovative approach to advance their career in pain management.
This unique post-graduate fellowship utilizes evidence based knowledge to provide a clinically oriented multidisciplinary training environment for the comprehensive treatment of acute surgical pain. Fellows will learn advanced techniques for managing patients’ acute post-surgical pain through hands-on ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia (USGRA) training, online discussions and coursework, as well as clinical opportunities with mentors experienced in acute surgical pain management.
Topics of Study Include:
- Legal, ethical, and professional issues related to acute surgical pain management
- Psychosocial, spiritual and cultural dimensions of acute surgical pain
- Non-allopathic considerations for acute surgical pain management
- Physiological aspects of pain
- Assessment and evaluation of the patient with acute surgical pain
- Pharmacogenetics, dynamics, and kinetics related to acute surgical pain management
- Technical interventions for the management of acute pain
- Foundations of initiating an acute pain service
- Business fundamentals in acute pain management
12-Month Acute Surgical Pain Management Fellowship Program
To be admitted, you must be a CRNA holding an active, unencumbered license. Completion of a basic and advanced-cadaveric USGRA workshop is required prior to enrollment in the program.
SPACE IS LIMITED!
- Application period: October 1, 2017 – December 1, 2017
- First course: January 8, 2018
Start the admission process now. Visit MTSA's Acute Surgical Pain Management Fellowship site for an online application and more information. Call MTSA for information at 888-353-6872 Monday through Thursday, 8am - 6pm CST