AANA Bylaw Language
Article VII – Committees. Section 7. Duties and Composition of Elected Committees.
A. Nominating Committee:
- The Nominating Committee shall consist of seven Active members elected by the membership, one from each AANA region, and shall serve for a two-year term. Four members will be elected in even-numbered years and three members will be elected in odd-numbered years.
- In the event of a vacancy on the Committee, a member from the vacant region shall be elected by the Committee.
- The Committee shall elect its own Chair.
- A Committee member shall not be a candidate for any other elected position within the AANA while serving on the Committee.
- A Committee member shall not serve in any other elected position within the AANA while serving on the Committee.
- The Committee shall perform those duties stated in Article VI.
Article VI – Elections (excerpt below)
Section 1. Nominating Committee
The Nominating Committee shall be responsible for slating and solicitation of candidates for office for the AANA Board of Directors and elected committees. Committee members will identify and recruit members who have potential to be effective leaders
to serve in various AANA elected offices by contacting state association leaders, committee chairs, and other members to encourage interest in running for AANA’s elected positions. The Committee shall observe all AANA Bylaws and Standing
Rules regarding nominations and elections. Unless otherwise stated in the AANA Bylaws and Standing Rules, all rules and procedures for the conduct of nominations shall be established by the Nominating Committee.
Section 2. Presentation of Slate of Candidates
The Nominating Committee shall present its slate of candidates at the assembly of states meeting prior to the annual Business Meeting.
- 1st face-to-face networking meeting (not mandatory) – August during the Annual Congress
- Conference Call – February to finalize the ballot.
- Several conference calls are usually held each year to discuss the business of the committee.
- Luis Rivera, MBA, CAE, Senior Director, State Management Affairs
- Adam Walaszek, Coordinator, State Management Affairs