Standing, from left to right: Reggie Middlebrooks, DNP, CRNA; Michele Ballister, DNP, CRNA, APRN, CHSE, chair; Raymond Bonds, DNP, CRNA, CHSE.
Seated, from left to right: Jeanne Antolchick, PhD, CRNA; Myron Arnaud, DNP, MS, CRNA; Kristie Hoch, DNP, MS, CRNA, APRN, RRT; Barbara Farkas, MAdEd, COA Staff.
Not pictured: Caroline Killmon, BSN, RN, CCRN, student representative.
AANA Bylaw Language
Article VII, Section 5, D: Education Committee
The Education Committee shall review requirements and standards for programs of nurse anesthesia education and formulate recommendations regarding same for any accreditation entity recognized by the AANA, and shall also plan and conduct the assembly of school faculty programs. One student Associate member may be elected to serve on this Committee. Two committee members are elected by the attendees at an assembly of school faculty meeting. They each serve an alternating two year term.
For the Fiscal Year 2019 Committee:
- August 25-26, 2018 - Park Ridge, Ill.
- February 2019 - Houston, TX - New! Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators (ADCE)
- August 2019 - Chicago, IL - Annual Congress
For the Fiscal Year 2020 Committee:
Three in-person meetings:
- September 13-15, 2019 - Park Ridge, Ill.
- February 2020 - Location TBD - Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators (ADCE)
- August 2020 - San Diego, CA - Annual Congress
- In between meetings, business is conducted via e-mail and conference calls.
- Barbara Farkas, MAdEd, Senior Accreditation and Education Specialist